Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. Some of its structures and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Flatlands have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances and dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover sorties à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the cooking capital associated with France, which is the 3rd largest city and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Roman empire and a heritage city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the month of Sept and Oct.